CAPM is the most prestigious project management credential in the world. The CAPM certification test consists of 150 questions and passing it demands a thorough CAPM study plan. The key to passing the CAPM certification exam is to spend as much time as possible before to the exam practicing with CAPM questions and answers.
Take notes while practicing CAPM questions and answers, paying close attention to any errors you make. Then, return to the corresponding project management subject area and reread the topic to ensure that you have a firm grasp on the material.
It’s time to test your knowledge with these ten questions!
1. Which of the following documents officially creates the Project?
A. Project Scope Statement
B. Schedule Management Plan
C. Project Charter
D. Contract Statement for the go ahead of the project
Project Charter formally authorizes a project as it is signed off by the stakeholders
2. In a project work break down structure has been created and it has been broken down to the activity level. Now the estimation of the activities is to be made. Who should do the estimation for the activities?
A. Project Manager
B. Senior Management
D. Team member doing the work
Estimation for the activity should be done by the team members as they will be best one to know the complete detail of the activity.
3. Jane and Mike are two developers in a software development project who are working together on a module. Mike cannot complete his testing work until Jane has completed the development. What kind of dependency is it?
A. Mandatory Dependency
B. External Dependency
C. Discretionary Dependency
D. Module Dependency
This is an example of mandatory dependency as Mike cannot finish his till Jane completes the development work. This kind of dependency is also known as Hard Dependency. Hence, Choice – A is the best one.
4. You want to show all kinds of logical dependencies, i.e., FS, FF, SS and FF, between the activities in your network diagram. What kind of network diagram will you use?
A. Program Evaluation and Review Technique
B. Graphical Evaluation and Review Technique
C. Arrow Diagramming Method
D. Precedence Diagramming Method
All kind of dependencies between activities can only drawn in Precedence Diagramming Technique (PDM). Hence, Choice – D is the best choice.
5. A project team is working hard to deliver a project. They have worked for over a year and it is nearing the completion of the execution phase. However, one of the team members found out a risk in the project which has not been identified earlier. What should be the BEST course of action of the manager of the project team?
A. Ignore the Risk
B. Find ways to Mitigate the Risk
C. Assess the Risk
D. Update the Risk Management Plan
A risk can be discovered at any time in a project. However, the first work of the project manager is to assess the risk, then add it to the risk register followed by qualitative and quantitative risk analysis. If the risk is found to be significant impact, then a risk response planning is done.
6. You are the project manager of construction project. The project has been 6 months over and it is over a period of 3 years. Suddenly one of your contractors informed about a risk which was not identified earlier and it was not added to the risk register. You meet with expert and try to determine the workaround for the project. In which process are you in?
A. Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
B. Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
C. Plan Risk Responses
D. Monitor and Control Risks
Risk monitoring and control is a continuous process and unplanned risk can be found during this process. Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis and Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis are done after Identify Risk is performed. Plan Risk Responses is for the risks, which are already identified. Here the risk is unplanned and found out. Hence, choice – D is the best choice.
7. A project plan is all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Approved by all the stakeholders of the projects
B. A formal document containing a number of subsidiary plans
C. Used to manage the execution of the project
D. Distributed to all the stakeholders in accordance with the Communication Management Plan
A project management plan need not be approved all the stakeholders. There are direct and indirect stakeholders in a project and approval from all of them is not required. A project management plan is a formal document which is distributed among stakeholder inline with the communication management plan and it is used for the execution of the project. Hence, Choice-A is the most appropriate answer.
8. You joined a project as a manager during the later stage of the project. During the final testing a number of defects were found and you have decided to prioritize the defect and fix depending on the schedule. Which one of the following will be the BEST tool that you can use?
A. Control Chart
B. Run Chart
C. Flow Chart
D. Pareto Chart
Pareto chart is based on frequency it priories the most common causes. Run Chart is used for trend analysis and gives a snapshot at a point of time. Control Chart is used to determine whether a process is in control or not. Flow chart is used to predict where a quality problem might happen. Hence, Choice –D is the best choice.
9. As defined in PMBOK, there are three baselines in total. They are Time, Scope, and Cost. Which of the following is true about them?
A. Time, Cost and Scope baselines can be computer generated
B. Time and Cost can be computer generated whereas Scope can not
C. None of the baselines can be computer generated
D. Only the baseline for time can be computer generated and it will have any associated cost
Time and Cost baselines can be computer generated as many software tools provide them. Though Choice-D is partially correct and cost is associated with the time spent on an activity, a computer-generated Cost Baseline can be created. Quality baseline and Scope baseline are documented, but they cannot be computer generated. Hence, Choice – B is the best answer.
10. Which of the followings cannot be an input to the Determine Budget Process?
A. Project Scope Statement
B. Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
C. WBS Dictionary
D. Project Funding Requirements
Scope Baseline, consisting of Scope Statement, WBS, and WBS Dictionary is an input to the Determine Budget process. Hence Choice – D is the correct answer.
CAPM exam practice tests are an excellent way to become acquainted with the exam format. You can practice all of your CAPM Exam Sample Questions here, making any mistakes you want to avoid making on the real exam. SPOTO’s CAPM exam dumps are 100% authentic, ensuring that you pass the exam the first time!