The PMP certification, according to the PMI, is in line with “best practices in the certification sector, such as those outlined in the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing.” The PMP credential is also accredited against the ISO 17024 standards, which are worldwide recognized.
Solving project management practice tests is usually necessary if you want to improve your grades and feel more confident about your exams. Right now, try out the 10 PMP practice questions below!
41. The project manager is making sure that the product of the project has been completed according to the project management plan. What part of the project management process is he in?
B. Monitoring and controlling
“Since the project manager is validating that the deliverables are completed according to the project management plan, the project is in the Closing Progress Group. ”
42. Which project process is in the closing process group of a project?
A. Close project or phase
B. Close procurements
C. Close project plan
D. Close project work
“Only “”Close Project or Phase”” is a process in the Closing Process Group. Close Procurements is no longer a process in the PMBOK 6th edition. Options C and D are not valid processes.”
43. You are the Project Manager of a project involving building a computer. Your team members follow what you tell them because you have the authority to provide negative feedback in their performance appraisal. This is an example of which type of power?
The project manager is using Coercive or Punitive form of power in the project, using their ability to invoke discipline or negative consequences for the team members. Option D is the correct answer.
44. The equivalent of cost reimbursable contracts is frequently termed:
A. Fixed price contracts
B. Progress payment contracts
C. Cost plus contracts
D. Back charge contracts
The equivalent of cost reimbursable contracts is also known as Cost Plus contracts. Option C is the correct answer.
45. The review of key deliverables and project performance at the conclusion of a project phase is called:
A. phase exit
B. kill point
C. stage gate
D. all of the above
Phase Exit, Kill Points and Stage Gate reviews are different terms used to describe the process of reviewing the project at the end of the phase to determine if the project should continue or not. Option D is the correct answer.
46. All of the following are true concerning expected monetary value (EMV) except:
A. Decision tree analysis is more effective using net present values (NPV) in its calculations rather than EMV.
B. The EMV of an opportunity is generally a positive value.
C. EMV is a statistical concept that calculates the average value of a future scenario that may, or may not happen by multiplying the value of each possible outcome by the probability of it occurring and summing the products.
D. The EMV of a threat is generally a negative value.
Option A is the correct answer.
47. A project is considered complete when the:
A. BAC is equal to the PV
B. The EV is equal to the AC
C. The PV is equal to the AC
D. The BAC is equal to the EV
A project is considered complete when the Budget at Completion is equal to the Earned Value. Option D is the correct answer.
48. Being assigned as a project manager, you noticed during project execution that conflicts arise in the team on both technical and interpersonal levels. What is an appropriate way of handling conflicts?
A. Conflicts distract the team and disrupt the work rhythm. You should always smooth them when they surface.
B. A conflict should be handled in a meeting so that the entire team can participate in finding a solution.
C. Conflicts should be addressed early and usually in private, using a direct, collaborative approach.
D. You should use your coercive power to quickly resolve conflicts and then focus on goal achievement.
Conflicts should be addressed early and usually in private, using a direct, collaborative approach. Option C is the correct answer.
49. At the request of the project team for a large project, the company’s purchasing department advertises that they intend to allow a contract for construction work associated with the project. This is called:
A. Procurement planning
D. The procurement process
At the point of the process, this is a called a solicitation for bids. The company procurement department is not doing this for advertising purposes, it is not procurement planning nor is defined as the procurement process. Option B is the correct answer.
50. In a communication model, the method used to convey the message is:
The message medium is the communication model used to convey the message from the sender to the receiver. Option B is the correct answer
To earn your certification, you must study for scenario-based questions and make efficient use of your exam time. SPOTO provides 100% authentic exam dumps that are updated in real time to ensure that you pass your exam on the first go!