A certification from Amazon Web Services (AWS) is like a badge. It is a badge of honor that you are able to demonstrate your expertise in one of the most popular and trusted cloud systems. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Want to know more about getting certifications? You can get AWS Certificates with SPOTO.
What is an AWS Certification?
AWS certifications show that the holder is proficient in specific Amazon AWS functions and systems. These certifications show that you can manage and deploy AWS cloud computing systems.
Types of AWS Certifications
AWS certifications are available at three levels: Foundational, Associate, or Professional. Each level has a different scope (the amount of AWS services and systems covered in a certification exam) as well as a depth (the technical knowledge required for each exam).
Are you unsure which AWS certification is best for you? Let’s have a look at it:
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification can be taken as an optional foundational step. It prepares users to apply for professional certifications and associate certifications. This certification exam tests core knowledge about AWS cloud at an extensive level. AWS cloud-certified practitioners will have the following command:
- Services AWS Core
- Foundations and basic AWS architecture
- AWS Security and Compliance Functions: Basics
- Cloud computing fundamentals
AWS associate certifications are a significant step up from the foundational level. These certifications provide a broad range of AWS knowledge at a high level. They require the student to be proficient in various AWS services and systems.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
You will be able to understand the core AWS services as well as best practices in architecture after you have completed this certification. Additionally, you should be able:
- AWS cloud-based solutions can be designed, developed, and deployed.
- How to identify the techniques required to code a cloud-based solution
- Use the exemplary architecture to build and test environments
- Use the many Amazon tools and services that are associated with databases, messaging, and workflows.
- Based on your requirements, choose the best AWS service for your application
- For performance optimization of AWS services used by an application, write code
AWS Certified SysOps Manager – Associate
After completing this certification, you should be able:
- Manage, deploy, and manage scalable, high-availability, and fault-tolerant AWS Systems
- Migration of on-premises systems from AWS
- Control and implement AWS data flow
- Select the AWS service that best suits your data, security, and computing needs.
- Cost estimates for AWS and cost control measures
This certification requires that you have at least one year of experience with AWS systems before you can apply.
AWS Certified Solutions Architecture – Associate
You will be able to:
- Design architectural best practices to support AWS
- Estimate AWS costs and identify cost-control measures
- Data flow from AWS to design data
- Based on your security requirements, database design, and data requirements, choose the best AWS service.
- Fluently design and apply data security
- You can manage the shift from an on-premises architecture into an AWS cloud-based one.
- High availability, secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant AWS systems can be designed and deployed.
AWS Professional Level Certifications demonstrate that the holder of these certifications is an expert in both knowledges as well as skill. These certifications can be used to identify two roles: Solutions Architects or DevOps Engineers. Although these certification exams can be very challenging, they can lead to high-level career opportunities for their holders. Although not required, it is a brilliant idea to take an associate exam before pursuing a professional-level certification.
AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional
This certification level will give you a solid understanding of AWS authentication, authorization, and accounting. This AWS certification level will teach you:
- Fluency in group management and administration of advanced roles
- Subnets and routing: The details
- Proficiency in advanced networking using IPSec and BGP, Jumbo Frames, and Direct Connect
- Advanced deployment and development techniques
- Assess cloud risk compliance and governance
- Cloud formation advanced use
- Amazon offers a variety of tools for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and management.
AWS Certified Solutions Architecture
The Professional Solutions Architect certification from AWS is the highest. You will be able to perform all the duties listed below, as well as those of previous credentials.
- Complete cost control strategies should be implemented to identify and control all costs
- Enterprise-level, scalable AWS operations designed and implemented
- You will be able to develop and execute a strategy to migrate multi-tiered complex applications to AWS
- Use the AWS best practices for designing and deploying applications that meet the requirements.
- Implement the networking features available in AWS.
- Learn how to implement AWS connectivity
- AWS applications that are highly reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant can be designed and deployed dynamically.
These certifications, which are not professional or associate level, are for experts who are able to dive deep into specific AWS services. These certifications are limited in scope and provide deep knowledge. Specialty certifications require five years or more of experience in the field to be eligible. There are currently seven specialty certifications.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty
- AWS Certified Database Specialty
Which AWS certification level is best for you? Are you ready to improve your skills? Call SPOTO today to learn more and sign up.