If you’re a member of a project team, a newly minted project manager, or aspiring to be one, earning a CAPM certificate is a great way to jumpstart your career, especially if you don’t have a college degree or a solid portfolio of completed projects.
The test, on the other hand, can be tough to prepare for. It can be tough to know if you are prepared because PMI does not issue a pass grade. That is why taking a CAPM practice exam – or several of them – is vital to your success. To improve your chances of becoming a CAPM certified professional, try the following CAPM questions demo right now.
21. Fadi is managing an international project and a number of deliverables in the project will be created under procurement. The project spans across 6 countries with 4 different time zones. Fadi has been informed by the senior management to keep the cost low. What kind of procurement contract Fadi should be looking for?
A. Cost Plus Incentive Fee
B. Time and Material
C. Cost Plus Fixed Fee
The ideal contract in this case would have been the “Fixed Price” project. However, it is not listed here. Only the Cost-Plus Incentive Fee will motivate the sellers to keep the cost low. D is not a type of contract defined by PMBOK. Time and Material will add up to the cost. Choice – A is better than B. Hence, Choice – A is the correct answer.
22. All of the following are used in creating the budget for a project EXEPCT:
A. Activity Cost Estimates
B. Project Schedule
C. Cost Baseline
23. You are managing a software development project where along with you there are 2 leads, 5 developers, 2 quality professionals and 1 technical writer. Owing to the need of the project, one quality professionals joined your team. How many new communication channels are added?
The number of communication channels for a project is = [N * (N-1)]/ 2, where N = number of people Initially, there were 11 * 10/2 = 55 Later on = 12 * 11/2 = 66. Hence new communication channels added = 11
24. Which of the followings are best forms of power?
A. Legitimate and Reward
B. Expert and Reward
C. Referral and Expert
D. Punishment and Expert
Expert and Reward powers are the best forms of power. Forms of power are not explicitly mentioned in the PMBOK guide; however, it comes in the exam. Hence, Choice – B is the correct answer.
25. Which one of the following Fixed Price contracts which can adjust for currency fluctuations?
A. Fixed Price Incentive Fee
B. Firm Fixed Fee
C. Fixed Price with Economic Price Adjustments
D. Fixed Price with Currency Adjustment
There is no contract type defined as Fixed Price with Currency Adjustment. Fixed Price with Economic Price Adjustment can be used for currency fluctuations. Hence, the correct choice is Choice – C.
26. Which one of the following has the least power in a projectized organization?
A. Project Expeditor
B. Project Co-Ordinator
C. Project Manager
D. Program Manager
Project Expeditor is least powerful among all next to the project coordinator. Program Manager is more powerful than a project manager.
27. One of products from your organization is selling well in the market. However, due to increased competition you want to add some new features into the product. What kind of risk response strategy are you adopting?
Here you are enhancing the chances of more products getting sold by adding features. Hence it will be an Enhance strategy for opportunities
28. In a meeting with the senior management, you have been asked to bring the roles and responsibilities chart of your team. Which chart should you bring?
A. Hierarchy Chart
B. RACI Chart
C. Text Chart
D. Resource Histogram
RACI chart is a type of RAM chart. However, it is more appropriate answer. Hence, choice – A is the correct one. Text chart normally is used in recruitment informing on the position of the person along with the detailed responsibilities. Resource Histogram informs about the usage of resource over a period of time.
29. Which of the followings is NOT a conflict resolution technique?
Smoothing, Forcing and Withdrawing are all conflict resolution techniques. However, caring is not. Hence, choice – C is the correct answer
30. In a quick team meeting, the senior management wanted to review the status of the project on: what has been accomplished and what is expected down the line. You as a project manager should bring which chart into the meeting?
A. GANTT Chart
B. Chart having the Network Diagram
C. Milestone Chart
D. Summary Chart
Milestone chart informs on what are milestones that have been accomplished and what are to be done in a quick way. Hence you should bring this chart. C is the correct choice.
How Can You Pass the CAPM Exam in the First Attempt?
Exam-related expenses must be budgeted for so that you are not caught off guard. There are practice tests, books, exam guides, and other test preparation materials available. SPOTO offers accurate and up-to-date PMI CAPM test questions in carefully produced CAPM dumps to help you prepare for the CAPM exam and pass it in the first attempt!