Have you kept up with the latest updates to the project management techniques in the PMBOK guide – 6th edition? If that’s the case, now’s your time to put your skills to the test. This PMP exam includes free PMP 6th edition exam questions that are identical to those found on the PMP certification exam. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today! Try out the free PMP 6th edition practice exam below!
11. With regard to Opportunity Cost:
A. The smaller the cost, the better.
B. The larger the cost, the better it is.
C. It depends on the cost of materials.
D. It depends on economic conditions.
The lower the cost of the opportunity the better. Option A is the correct answer.
12. Which of the following Project Scope Management processes involves subdividing the major project deliverables into smaller, more manageable components?
A. Scope Planning
C. Scope Chang e Control
D. Create WBS
Create WBS is a process of Project Scope Management that involves subdividing the major project deliverables into smaller, more manageable components. Option D is the correct answer.
13. Tools used in risk identification are:
A. Delphi technique
D. All of the above
“Delphi technique, Brainstorming and Interviewing are all tools used in risk identification. The correct answer is D. ”
14. Integrated Change Control includes all of the following tools and techniques except:
A. Project management plan updates.
B. Expert judgment
D. A change control board to approve or reject changes.
Expert judgment, meetings and change control board approvals are all tools and techniques of the Integrated Change Control process. Option A is the correct answer.
15. How much time does the typical project manager spend communicating both formally and informally?
The project manager spends about 90% of their time in communications, both formally and informally. Option D is the correct answer.
16. A Project Manager is at the project kick-off meeting. He confidently states the vision and mission for the project. This PM is exhibiting the following leadership style:
Option C is the correct answer, the project manager is exhibiting a charismatic leadership style.
17. The longest path through the network that shows the shortest duration in which the project can be completed is:
A. Critical path
B. Project schedule
C. Least possible time
D. None of the above
The critical path is defined as the longest path through the network that shows the shortest duration in which the project can be completed. Option A is the correct answer.
18. Project management process groups have all of the following characteristics except:
A. All of the process groups are needed on all projects and all of their interactions apply to each phase of a project as well as the overall project.
B. The process groups are seldom one-time, discrete events; they are overlapping activities that occur throughout the project.
C. Where a project is divided into phases, the process groups are invoked as appropriate.
D. The process groups are linked by the outputs they produce.
Options B, C and D are all characteristics of the project management process groups. However, their interaction does not need to apply of all phases of the project. Option A is the correct answer.
19. The code of accounts:
A. Is the system used to keep track of purchases and contracts.
B. Is any numbering system used to uniquely identify each component of the work breakdown structure.
C. Links the work breakdown structure to the schedule task identifier.
D. Is the alpha-numeric reference used in the organizations accounts system to identify cost centers.
The account codes are a numbering system used to uniquely identify each component of the work breakdown structure.
20. Your company has an emergency and needs contracted work done as soon as possible. Under these circumstances, which of the following would be the helpful to add to the contract?
A. Requirements as to which subcontractors can be used
C. A force majeure clause
D. A clear contract statement of work
It is clearly mentioned that this is an emergency situation, and normally there is not enough time in emergency situations to have a clear statement of work or subcontractors’ requirements. Instead, you probably need to use a cost-plus contract with some incentives to motivate the contractor for on-time delivery without expanding the scope.
If you’re still unsure and want to get more hands-on experience before taking the real PMP® test, check out SPOTO PMP 100% Real Exam Dumps, which has been completely updated to reflect the most recent changes to the PMP® Exam in 2021!